Membership: A full Initiate member of the O∴ A∴ is any person that has attained the degree of Neophyte or above in our Collegium. It is not possible to ‘transfer’ a grade or degree obtained through another magical organisation.
Associate Membership of Ordo Astri may be obtained by anyone that has sent to us their letter of introduction and contact details, and has been accepted and subscribed to our monthly Journal, The 93 Current. Introduce yourself to the O∴ A∴
Apply for Full (Initiate) Membership of the O∴ A∴
You will first need to become an Associate by introducing yourself to us (see below). We will provide you with our Recommended Reading list on request.
Those who wish to obtain a thorough grounding in Qabalah, which is the basis of ritual magick, may work through our one-year Hermetic Qabalah Foundation Course.
Applicants to Probationership should first read the information on the nine-month praxis. Successful completion of the Probationership is a condition for entry to the first initiated degree, Neophyte:
O∴ A∴ Collegium Membership
- Applicants must be aged 21 years or more.
- The O∴ A∴ Collegium is structured around a system of grades or degrees based on the Tree of Life. The first (unofficial) grade is Student. Initiation is by personal work and the Keeping of the diary Record. Those wishing to enter the initiated grades must first perform a spiritual exercise on a strict daily basis for nine months, keeping a magical diary Record of their work.
- Members of the Collegium are expected to manage their own contributions to the Order. Usually they make regular or occasional donations, as according to their means.
Become an Associate
Send a formal email letter of introduction to the O∴ A∴ Please use your real name, not an Internet pseudo or nickname. (The traditional Thelemic greeting style is given on the contact page.) On confirmation of the registration of your details, we will subscribe you to our monthly Journal, The 93 Current (unless you have already subscribed).
Please provide the following in your letter of introduction.
- Full name and title (Mr, Miss, Ms, Mrs), and street address, town, city, postal or zip code, state or country.*
- Supply your preferred email address, by which we can contact you.
- Telephone number (with country, area code) by which we can contact you, if necessary.*
- Please give the time (if known), date and place of your birth. Format the date “3rd January, 1980”, for example, so we can be sure. Put the name of the nearest city and the region and country you were born in.*
- Tell us briefly about your study and experience as relevant to magick and the occult.
- Tell us about some of the books you have read, as relevant to our literature and work. Tell us what you think of them and why they are revelant—this needs to be more than simply a list.
- Please provide a book list of our literature you have read and studied, so we know what information you have.
* Your street address is necessary so we can send you official papers, if required. It is extremely unlikely that we will call you by telephone, especially if you are not resident in the UK, but we reserve the contact should there be a need. The birth details are so that a horoscope can be consulted, as is traditional.
There are relevant articles and essays here at our sister website, Tantrika Books
Star and Snake Blogspot
Articles and full length essays covering a broad spectrum of occult knowledge:
Star and Snake Home Page (Google Blogspot)
Temple of Babalon Podcast Series
The podcasts cover all aspects of the Thelemic and Hermetic tradition, and are loosely structured around the grades of the Order from Neophyte to Adeptus Minor.
Temple of Babalon Podcast Home Page
Preview the Temple of Babalon PODCAST on iTunes
Subscribe to our monthly Journal here: The 93 Current. The Journal is free of charge and is delivered by email.
Help Fund Ordo Astri: Make a donation